Asthall’s Grand Day Out
Open gardens with poolside boutiques, feasting and cocktails!
Saturday 17th June 10 am – 7pm
Don’t miss this chance to wander through Asthall Manor’s exuberant gardens, which will be at their summery, rose-drenched peak. Along the way, you will discover some of Britain’s top design talent and experience workshops and performances from local charities, whilst enjoying Oxfordshire’s most innovative food and drink.
10% of proceeds and all admission will be shared between Oxfam, Climate Outreach and Pegasus Theatre.
Designers (selling at special prices) will include:
* Award-winning British jewellers Yunus & Eliza, whose work appears in Game of Thrones
* Milliner Noel Stewart, whose clients include Kiera Knightley and Lady Gaga
* Womanswear designer and British Fashion Awards winner Holly Fulton
* Shoe designer Atalanta Weller, whose work is in the permanent collection at the V&A
* Elvis and Kresse, creators of stunning and sustainable accessories from reclaimed materials
* Fantastical scarves and cushions from graphic artist Emma J Shipley
* Master green wood worker Will St Clair, giving pole lathe demonstrations
* 100 Acres Apothecary, bath and body products inspired by the English countryside
* Hand crafted hammock chairs to wallow in by Bohorockers
* Riz Boardshorts, men’s tailored swim shorts made from 100% recycled and recyclable fabrics
* Pachacuti, heritage panama hats sourced ethically and locally throughout the supply chain
* Bold and sustainable swimwear from AURIA, made from discarded fishing nets
They will be joined by Fashion Revolution, a global movement calling for greater transparency, sustainability and ethics in the fashion industry, and by our three featured charities, all based in Oxford, with workshops, entertainment and ethical shopping opportunities:
* Pegasus Theatre is a pioneer in participatory arts, sparking creativity and imagination in young people from all backgrounds. They will be joined by Emma Boor, with her brand new Puppets Go Wild show, Hey Little Bird, packed full of puppetry, songs and lots of ways to join in, and Teresa Heapy, who will be reading from the latest book in her award-winning Very Little series – Very Little Rapunzel.
* Climate Outreach aims to detoxify climate change as an issue and help us all to talk about it in a constructive way. Join their lighthearted activities to discover what’s wrong with pictures of polar bears, what we could gain by embracing climate protection, and how to start a happy climate conversation.
* Oxfam is a global movement of millions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn’t inevitable. Oxfam will present an interactive display of essential life-saving kit used in emergencies around the world, from jerry-cans and toilets to hygiene kits and hand puppets, as well as activities like snakes and ladders with a twist and a retro Oxfam pop-up shop.
Food at our Grand Day Out will include:
* Thirst quenching cocktails from Boxer Gin, distilled and bottled in England
* Fiona Cullinane and Lorraine Wood, the duo behind The Potting Shed café and St Ebbe’s Kitchen, with salads and cakes featuring fruit from Asthall Manor’s walled garden
* Maudie Fraser, vegan chef, whose signature creations include Zaatar-spiced popcorn cauliflower and salted caramel brownies
* Sufi Spice, authentic home cooked Punjabi cuisine, made with organic locally sourced produce.
* Artisan coffee from the expert baristas at Horsebox Coffee
Admission: £5 adults, children under 12 free.
Wet weather back-up plans in place!
GUIDE DOGS ONLY