2016, Ramsden Parish Council Annual Meeting

Download PDF

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held at 7.00pm on 18th April 2016 in the Ramsden Memorial Hall - Minutes 2016/45

Members Present: Mr Clive Cowen (Chair), Mr Tony Shuker and Mrs Susanne Walford Others Present: Mr Jon Gammage (Clerk)
One member of the public was present.

157. Public Participation: None.

158. Apologies for absence: Mrs Holly Deans and Mrs Sally Miller.

159. Declarations of pecuniary interest: None.

160. The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 21st March 2016 were signed as a true record of the meeting.

161. Matters of report arising from previous minutes

161.1 (149) Cemetery moles: The Clerk reported that two moles have been removed.
161.2 (151) Gritting routes: The Clerk has been chasing this but no response from OCC to date. 161.3 (154) Speeding on Witney Road: The Clerk had spoken to police who are considering occasional speed checks in the area.
161.4 (164) Website design: The Clerk reported that it looks likely that this work can be completed on a voluntary basis.

162. Report from District Councillor: Cllr Hill presented an update on the possible restructuring of local government in Oxfordshire and along with councillors recorded thanks to Sir Barry Norton, Leader of WODC, who is retiring at the end of his current term. Cllr Hill also reported that she was not aware of any grants from WODC for events to celebrate the Queens birthday.

163. Newsletter report: Nothing to report. 164. Website report: Nothing further to report.

165. To consider the suggestion of a Parishioner of the Year award

Councillors reviewed examples of the award and discussed possible recipients. It was agreed to announce the award at the Annual Parish Meeting. Recipients will be selected by the Parish Council. RESOLVED: To order the Parishioner of the Year trophy at a maximum budget of £70.

Action: Chair to place order.

166. To consider arrangements for the Annual Parish Meeting in May

Councillors reviewed the agenda and discussed who to invite. Action: Clerk to send invites.

167. To approve additional web hosting costs while the site is transited to a new CMS

Councillors agreed to run two hosting services while the new CMS is developed. It was noted that this would incur duplication of hosting costs for this period of time.

168. To consider making a grant of up to £300 towards a Queen’s birthday event gift

Councillors considered that this was no longer appropriate as events planned were not residents only.

169. Planning

169.1. Applications received from WODC: None

22

169.2. WODC decisions:
16/00488/LBC - Ivy Cottage High Street Ramsden New roof light to rear elevation - Approve

16/00001/S73 - Skippett Cottage Mount Skippett Ramsden
Non compliance with condition 2 of planning permission 15/01014/HHD to allow use of reconstituted stone to east facing wall. (Retrospective) – Approved

169.3. Other planning issues: None

169. Financial matters

169.1. The monthly financial summary was circulated and reviewed. 169.2. RESOLVED: To make the following payments.

792 PH Pest control
793 KMSLitho April newsletter
794 CommunityFirst subs
795 OALC subs
796 Clerks April salary
797 Clerks Q1 computer allowance £24.08 798 LGPS April £79.38 799WODCelectionrecharge £76.19

169.3. To approve the Annual Governance Statement for 2015/16
Councillors reviewed the Annual Governance Statement prepared by the Clerk.
RESOLVED: To approve the Annual Governance Statement for the year ended 31st March 2016.

169.4. To approve the Annual Accounting Statements for 2015/16
Councillors reviewed the Annual Accounting Statement and explanation of significant variations prepared by the Clerk.
RESOLVED: To approve the Annual Accounting Statement and explanation of significant variations for

£90.00 £42.00 £35.00 £133.07 £333.86

year ended 31st March 2016.
Action: Clerk to arrange final meeting with internal auditor.

170. Correspondence: The Clerk shared a letter from OCC updating Councillors on the cut in bus subsidies. Bus operators are exploring ways to continue without subsidy. OCC is also considering a pilot to support residents without access to transport.

171. Reports from Village Committees: Minutes of the last Memorial Hall Committee meeting were circulated ahead of the meeting.

172. Any Other Matters:

172.1. Dogs: Concerns have been expressed to the council about dogs left outside that continually bark and whine while they wait for their owners to return. Councillors considered that the problem is restricted to a small number of dogs in the village and believes that the owners are not aware of how their dogs behave in their absence.

Action: Report in the next Newsletter.

The meeting was closed at 7:45pm.
The next Parish Council meeting will be on Monday 16th May at 7.00 pm followed by the Annual Parish Meeting at 8:00pm in the Memorial Hall.

The Chairman, 16th May 2016